Assistant Dryer supervisor
Wed, Jun 6th
Sat, Jul 28th
- Responsible for the operation of the equipment and employees in department.
- Observes temperature of rice, records and operates equipment to ensure proper drying of product.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets drying specifications and job orders to workers and assigns tasks.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
- Recommends measurers to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Suggest plans to the Dryer Manager to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Recommends personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- May observe conveyors transferring grain from storage bin and control flow of grain into feed hopper.
- May test grain to ensure moisture content standards are being met, using moisture meter.
- May train new workers.
- Responsible for set up of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to drive/operate bobcat and other equipment specific to the dryer work area.
- Must be able to work in typical warehouse conditions.
- Responsible for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for compliance to Cal-OSHA and companies Injury Illness Prevention Program, Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs. Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of machinery associated with drying and/or storage operations and rice flow.
- Skill to use a personal computer, Excel spreadsheets and various software packages in an office type environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Establish and maintains permanent files.
- Must have knowledge and experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (forklift).
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Must have knowledge of rice quality factors and reasonable milling out-turns.
- Supervisory experience in a production facility preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize on the spot and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This is a full-time position; 7am-3:30 pm.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- MUST be able to work 7pm-7am during rice season
To apply please go to: www.caljobs.ca.gov