CDL Driver (Commercial Driver’s License Driver)
BMC is currently hiring for a full time CDL Driver for their Woodland facility.
1. Maintains a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required.
2. Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving, Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
3. Organizes and secures load.
4. Assists forklift operators when loading.
5. Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s., Checks orders for accuracy
6. Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction.
7. Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
8. Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
9. Operates all trucks in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
10. Logs in deliveries using handheld device.
11. Waits on customers while truck is being loaded, Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
12. Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
1. Minimum education required: High school or GED.
2. Special skills required: Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, associates & supervisors using verbal and written skills & Must be able to; Lift 65 pounds from ground level to standing position, 20 pounds above my head, Pull 20 pounds from a standing or kneeling position, from various levels, including above my head, Stand and/or walk for an 8-10 hour shift, Frequently bend and stoop during an 8-10 hour shift, use safe lifting techniques.
3. Clean driving record and current operator’s license.
4. Minimum experience required: 12 months CDL experience including lumber dumping. Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required.
Apply in Person at 1351 East Beamer, Woodland, CA or Via Company Website http://www.wearebmc.com