We are seeking a cook to prepare foods for residents and to assist the Dietary Services Manager (DSM) in managing food inventory and coordinating activities of Dietary Aides. The cook maintains knowledge of therapeutic diet preparation and Food Service policies and processes, and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Variable shift.
* Implement pre-planned cycle menus in an efficient and effective manner to
provide nutritious, good tasting, and appetizing food for residents. Prepare
foods in accordance with pre-planned cycle menus as assigned. Assist in the
standardization of recipes to meet menu needs. Perform food preparation tasks
* Manage purchased food and dietary supplies in an efficient and effective way
to control food use and prevent waste. Maintain a strict portion control of foods
served. Prepares food and serves trays as attractively as possible. Confirm
proper temperatures are reached, maintained, and recorded in accordance with
state and federal health regulations. Determine if the food prepared is of the
highest possible quality in taste and flavor. Assist in planning cooking
schedules for cooks/helpers and dietary aides. Confirm foods are ready on time
for tray service.
* Maintain and improve standards of food storage, preparation, and services.
Assist supervisor as needed in the receiving and storing of food and supplies.
Assist in checking food supplies on food order forms as they arrive from
vendors. Maintain orderly and correct storage of food items; dry, freezer, and
refrigerator storage. Check out food and supplies as needed by dietary aides.
Assist in taking physical inventories in dietary department. Cleans ovens as
scheduled and as necessary. Assist in documenting refrigerator and freezer
* In conjunction with the Dietary Supervisor, orient, and coach employees
engaged in preparing and serving meals in maintaining high standards of
sanitation, housekeeping, and safety, and with safe operation and care of
equipment in accordance with Center, state, and federal regulations and
* In the absence of the Dietary Manager/Supervisor, confirm the Department
runs in a smooth and efficient manner: supervise dietary personnel with work
performed, including coordination of activities, instruction of equipment
maintenance, and planning, placing, and filing food orders.
* Serve meals.
* May order supplies and keep records and accounts.
* Requires current Food Handlers card issued by local Health Department.
* High school graduation or GED highly desirable.
* Our pride in our commitment to provide exceptional quality care for our
residents with exceptional employees dedicated to the residents care and well-
* Medical, RX, Dental and Vision Coverage
* Holiday Pay
* Sick Leave
* Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Identity Theft
* Employee Discounts
* Group Life
Apply: Via Email, By Mail, By Fax, In Person, Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Name: OHPAC HR
Email: ohpacjobs [at] orohosp [dot] com ohpacjobs [at] orohosp [dot] com ()
Phone: (530) 533-7335
Fax: (530) 533-8715