PURPOSE: The Facilities Manager is responsible for assuring successful operation and function of the church's buildings and grounds in support of its mission. Under the direction of the Church Administrator, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the scheduling and execution of maintenance of all Church buildings and grounds, for all regular church functions and additional special events such as weddings, memorial services, outside groups, etc.
- Perform and/or coordinate preventative maintenance and repairs of church buildings and grounds
- Schedule with Property Team and Church Administrator for major repairs such as lighting, heating and ventilation
- equipment, sprinklers, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of grounds including, but not limited to, removal of debris and dirt from sidewalks, walkways,
- and parking lot
- Complete and/or schedule in-house repairs as needed
- Schedule outside vendors, when necessary, to meet on site, review system failures, request estimates, request
- authorization and oversee repairs
- Oversee state and federal compliance and regulations for the commercial kitchen
- Set up and take down chairs and tables in rooms to accommodate regularly scheduled weekly or monthly activities
- in addition to special events
- Weekly cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds, not including landscaping
- Schedule shampooing of carpets and cleaning & sealing floors on a regular basis
- Empty trash and garbage from buildings during the week
- Respond to facility emergencies and provide corrective action to property damage, alarm problems, graffiti,
- vandalism, etc.
- Requisition of custodial supplies from Church Administrator
- Maintain paper products, soap, hand sanitizer, etc., in all rooms by checking and replacing daily
- Communicate regularly with all staff members and participate in regular meetings (staff and Property Team) to
- coordinate schedules and assure readiness of facility for all activities
- Perform other duties as required by Church Administrator and/or Head of Staff
- Assure that the facilities are clean and prepared for Sunday and Thursday
- Check the online Church Calendar regularly
- Knowledge and practical skills for basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, and painting
- Ability to read and interpret instruction manuals for HVAC, lighting, security, etc.
- Ability to independently prioritize and perform maintenance duties
- Maturity and flexibility in working with a diverse membership with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including positive and professional verbal and written communications with staff,
- members, guests and vendors
- Physical ability to move tables and chairs and lift 50 pounds
- Able to work on a flexible schedule
- Possess a valid CA driver's license, and provide proof of auto insurance. Carry church as additional insured on car insurance, notify church administrator if insurance company changes.
- Successful completion of church's Child Abuse Prevention Program (CAPP)
- Pass background check and complete Live-Scan fingerprinting process
- Acquire and maintain current Serv-Safe certification
NATURE OF POSITION:
- Full time with availability in the evenings and weekends with flex time
- Availability to respond to emergencies
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $19/hr and benefits according to Personnel Policies
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a current www.caljobs.ca.gov account with an active and available resume uploaded at the time of "apply". If you need assistance, please call (530) 822-5120 ext. 3921.