Wed, Apr 18th
Mon, Jun 4th
Essential job duties:
- Using raw conceptual design drawings and redlined hand sketches prepared by others to produce highly
- Develop mechanical models in preparation for CNC machining (we run a CNC mill and lathe in-house)
- Design and drawing coordination with our programmer / machinist will be required on some projects.
- Detailed, coherent, fabrication drawing sets for the fabrication team to work directly from.
- Creating BOMs, cut lists, specifying hardware
- Critically analyzing designs and identifying and resolving problems in early phases of the project
- Developing and implementing drafting standards and procedures
- Managing and tracking time in a fast-pace environment - the ability to switch gears quickly and productively is critical as you will be involved in multiple projects concurrently
- 3-5 years of experience producing quality shop drawing sets
- Extensive hands-on fabrication experience (experience with and knowledge of metalwork a plus
- High degree of mechanical aptitude
- Experience with Fusion 360, AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Excel are a plus
- Extensive experience with Rhino for both 3D modeling and 2D drafting is required.
- Self-motivated and passionate individual that can follow directions
- Work both independently and in teams
- possesses strong time management and organizational skills.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (less than 10 MB), all in PDF format via email to estimating [at] sfmetalworks [dot] com.