Girls On the Run, a local non-profit youth program, is seeking to contract for services to coordinate, implement and facilitate youth activities for middle school students throughout the Sutter and Yuba counties. The perfect candidate would be an individual that is seeking to give back to our local community and youth; a service minded individual that has a passion to serve young girls and enjoys being part of the processes of building self-esteem, confidence, conflict resolution, team building, etc. These events are scheduled at various schools in an after-school program setting; generally, 10-12 hours/week between the hours of 2:00 pm-6:00 pm and possibly weekend events.
This position will be contracted and a $700/mo. stipend will be provided to meet the contract needs. This opportunity allows for a flexible schedule, determined by the contractor, yet must allow for the ability to substitute or fill in as a coach, facilitator, etc. on a moment’s notice.
Essential job duties:
- Work with various members, volunteer staff, community incumbents, and procedures to ensure the implementation of and success of the programs.
- Planning, carry out and organize programs and activities.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to coach and/or be Running Buddies
- Assist with scheduling staffing and events.
- Develop reports on program outcomes and offer summary reports to Executive Director and Board Members.
- Assist with outreach and sponsorships.
- Work with various school administrative staff to coordinate programs/events.
- Highs school diploma/or equivalent
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Ability to get to various school sites and events.
- A passion to work with young girls in the Yuba-Sutter community.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and professional communication skills.
- Leadership/mentorship skills.
- Candidates that are interested in being considered for this great opportunity must submit a detail letter of interest explaining why this mentorship opportunity would be good fit for the youth and program; a resume and two reference letters. The required information can be emailed to amber [dot] darrach [at] girlsontherun [dot] org