Quality Assurance Assistant
Thu, Jan 18th
Sun, Feb 18th
- Manages daily lab activities
- Assure compliance with USDA grading standards, federal and local compliance.
- Coordinate QA Department with Production Department operations and HR Departments
- Write programs, implement procedures, and ensure compliance of the HACCP program, GMP's, Food Safety Program, customer specifications and plant policies
- Conduct food safety meetings/audits
- Manage sanitation inspections/Coordinate corrective action with sanitation and productions
- Promote positive team atmosphere
- Perform job evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Manage Hold and Reconciliation Programs and Activities
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications and assist in customers visitsManage Micro Lab procedures, activities, and implement environmental program
- Record keeping
- Set up programs on the computer
- Greet and accompany any inspector(s) with a proper approach
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- QA, Sanitation, Food Safety and HACCP knowledge and experience
- English Speaking: bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Experience in USDA grading for food processing
- Bachelor's degree in food science or related experience.
- Prior management experience in food industry
- Computer skills required (MS Word , Excel )
- Team working and motivational skills
- Good physical condition - ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- According to experience
Candidates interested in being considered must have a www.caljobs.ca.gov account and current/active resume available to apply via Caljobs.
Job Order Number: