Safety Manager/SQF Practitioner
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A COMPLETED RESUME IN WWW.CALJOBS.CA.GOV TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. Without a resume you will not be considered. For more detailed information, please visit www.caljobs.ca.gov Job order #16398891 Job Summary: The Product Safety Manager/SQF Practitioner will facilitate development, implementation and training for comprehensive systems to ensure food safety. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and Food Safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required Food Safety programs.
- Knowledge of SQF System Code, version 8
- Conduct risk based Food Safety/Sanitation Systems Audits at the facilities.
- Conducts Food Safety/Sanitation Systems Audits.
- Facilitates compliance with all food safety programs for the facilities: to include, but not limited to, HACCP, GMP's, Allergen control, lot traceability, employee food safety training, etc.
- Conducts formal facility food safety risk assessments and inspections and prioritizes work based upon assigned risks.
- Monitors effectiveness of Master Cleaning Schedule, cleaning procedures, chemical usage and inventory, safety and inspects results.
- Monitors the status of the corrective action at the audited facilities.
- Supports compliance with Customer requirements; GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) Certified Audits (SQF), GMA-Safe Audits, customer audits and other regulatory audits as required.
- Calibration of all equipment pertaining to food safety and fumigation monitoring.
- Conducts verification and validation activities for critical control points (CCP’s)
- Responsible for fumigations and fogging of facility and the coordination of those activities – efficacy and clearance or entry per pesticide label.
- Conducts Monthly Food Safety Meetings, record minutes and notes from this activity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Ag-Business, or a science related field preferred.
- 5 years’ food industry experience in Food Safety, Operations, or Quality Assurance.
- Possession or ability to obtain: SQF Implementation Certificate or GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) based equivalent, HACCP Certificate, Qualified Applicator License (QAL) or Certificate (QAC), Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Certificate, Food Defense training.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
Employer offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.