Temporary Human Resource Representative
Leading private-label food manufacturer headquartered in Lodi, CA, is seeking a Temporary (through October 2019) Human Resource Representative to support the Human Resources Department at its Tomato Processing Operation located in Woodland, CA.
Candidates must be highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team, interact in a seasonal multicultural environment, minimize conflict, maximize continuous improvement and good will while promoting a safe work environment. This position reports directly to the Woodland Plant Human Resources Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide support in all areas of HR (e.g. records, hiring, discipline, filing, phones, projects, scheduling, payroll, handling employee and public inquiries, etc.)
Cross train and provide back up for scheduling, payroll and benefits.
Assist in all phases of the recruitment & hiring process i.e., recruiting, job postings onboarding, scheduling interviews, pre & post offer activities, orientation, etc.
Assist with annual registration and on-boarding including training.
Assist with employee inquiries and resolution of issues.
Interface, promote and strengthen HR relations with other departments, co-workers, and employees.
All other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have the following attributes:
Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
Ability to organize and work independently and with a team to bring projects to a successful completion.
Proficiency with computer skills such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Experience with Oracle Taleo Business Edition is helpful.
Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Possess at least Bachelor’s/College degree in Human Resources or Business
- Minimum of 3+ years of Human Resources work experience, preferable in a Union environment
- Preferred Professional Human Resources Certificate or equivalent education
- Available to work overtime, weekends, and shift work as needed during Processing Season (July-mid/October)
- Proficient knowledge of Federal and CA State employment laws (multi-state is a plus)
- Results oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and various internet browsers)
- Self-motivated and driven
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential, commitment to producing high-quality work, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Ability to speak multiple languages
Email resume and cover letter to adaeumler [at] pridestaff [dot] com