Thank You Letters
It is considered proper business etiquette to send thank you letters. However, many people don’t. Sending a thank you letter will make you stand out from the other applicants. Follow up is extremely important in the hiring process, and a well-done thank you letter can make the difference in getting the job. Like every document you send to a potential employer, it should be treated as meticulously as your resume or writing sample. It is best to deliver the thank you letter within 24 hours of your job interview.
What information should you include?
- Thank the interviewer for meeting with you (mention the date). Also mention what position you interviewed for.
- Make references to the company and the positive impression it left on you.
- Restate you interest in the position with the company.
- Emphasize your strengths, skills, experience, etc…relating to the position.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time and consideration for the position again.
- State that you are willing to provide additional information, if needed or mention that you will follow-up with a phone call in a few days.